Have a question for SLSF? Read our FAQs to see if we've answered it here
The SLSF was established to support our unique not-for-profit community cause that exists through community donations, fundraising, corporate sponsorships and government grants.
With over 180,000 members and 315 affiliated Surf Life Saving Clubs, SLS represents the largest volunteer movement of its kind in Australia, and the world.
The correct wording for such a gift is: “I [Your Name] give and bequeath to the Surf Life Saving Foundation, free of all duties, ___% of my estate and I direct that the receipt of the Treasurer or other Proper Officer of the Foundation shall be sufficient discharge to my Executor for the Bequest which is to be applied to the general purposes of the Surf Life Saving Foundation”
- Maintain and replace lifesaving rescue equipment
- Enhance the training and development programs for volunteer surf lifesavers
- Expand community surf safety campaigns
- Fund aquatic safety research and development
- Continue to provide support services including communications networks, aerial patrols and powered watercraft
Every year millions of people visit our beaches, and thousands of these visitors find themselves in urgent need of a life saving rescue. This is what we are here for, to keep your family and friends safe in the water.
Your support today will ensure that millions of adults and children who visit the beach go home safely.
Did you know?
- It costs at least $850 to train a new volunteer to Bronze Medallion standard. Surf lifesavers are trained in First Aid, CPR and rescue techniques. Importantly, all of our lifesavers must continue to refresh and update their skills.
- Rescue gear and equipment are some of the largest costs associated with providing lifesaving services throughout Australia. A full life saving patrol can cost up to $80,000.
- Prevention is better than cure, and the best way to save lives at the beach is by teaching people how to stay out of danger. We run campaigns on how to spot rips and what to do if you are caught in one (swim parallel to the shore!).
No matter what area your donation goes towards, you can be sure that it will make a vital contribution to saving lives.
In light of COVID-19, it is important that appropriate processes are implemented to ensure the safety of our members while participating in lifesaving activities.
The health and wellbeing of all members within Surf Life Saving is paramount, and as such SLSA has been regularly monitoring and acting upon the advice from the Federal Government and other relevant authorities.
We have created the Patrols, Training and Patient Treatment During COVID-19 handbook to provide guidance on appropriate measures for minimising the risk of infection.
You can contact Surf Life Saving WA via: https://www.mybeach.com.au/support-us
PO Box 700
Balcatta WA 6914
Tel: 08 9207 6666
To cancel your subscription, please contact our customer care team by phone (1800 642 925) during business hours (Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.00pm).
Guardians of the Surf
Your monthly donation will help train new surf lifesavers, improve the skills of our current volunteers and help us replace equipment that is constantly exposed to the harsh Australian conditions.Become a Guardian of the Surf